The Coaching Process
Jan individualizes her partnership with each client and the client's needs determine how the relationship is structured. Career coaching can be by phone or in person, depending upon the client's preference or location, and can occur weekly, bi-weekly or at any frequency the client suggests.
Jan helps you clarify what you value and are passionate about and helps you translate that information into a satisfying career. DiSC profiles are also available to provide an objective means of determining well-matched options by assessing behavioral types and styles.
Together, we create an action plan to attain your career goals.
Each session allows time for checking in, reviewing action items and strategy adjustment. Jan provides structure and support to ensure that you carry out your plan successfully. Often clients refer to Jan as their “accountability partner.”
Jan can help you:
- Determine a more satisfying career match using behavior assessments
- Develop an effective resume that will get noticed
- Write a compelling cover letter that will prompt the reader to want more information
- Cultivate a network of resources including social media that will help to connect you with people in your area of interest
- Complete an online application that includes key words that will be identified
- Prepare for a college or job interview so that you make a great first impression
- Create a system for timely follow up procedures to keep track of your progress
- Build collaborative relationships at work to increase your effectiveness
- Move to the next level in your current career to raise your level of satisfaction